Still on the trending issue that is happening now in the country, the arrest of popular street artiste Naira Marley and Zlatan, with Zlatan being released and Marley still in custody with the EFCC. Naira Marley has placed himself in trouble with his own mouth, he is definitely a yahoo boy as he has been charged with 11 charges of several cyber crimes. This trending issue all started with former X3m music artiste Simi as she talks about yahoo boys in Nigeria listening to her song and Naira Marley replied her which led to an online war for days.
Naira Marley came out with a song in reply to Simi which he titled Am I A Yahoo Boy featuring Zlatan of Alleluia Boys Records, even popular Nigerian artiste Davido and Ruggedman was also involved in the online scandal for quite sometime, with Davido now unfollowing Zlatan online and even deleting posts about him on Social media after his release. There are several things which we believe you need to know about Naira Marley and why he should also be charged to court.
- He has dual citizenship. He is Nigerian and at the same time a British citizen
- He is the owner of 2017 street hit single Issa Goal
- He was born in Nigeria but relocated to the United Kingdom at the age of 11
- He never aspired to be an artiste but a hypeman but later went into music
- He has been arrested 124 times in the United Kingdom
- He has an 11-count charge levelled against him by the anti-graft and crime agency
- He was arrested by the EFCC in Nigeria on the 10th of May, 2019 at about 5;30 am in relation to cyber crime
- He will appear in court to answer to his charges on Monday, 20th of May, 2019 and if found guilty, he will likely face 7-years in jail